The board of Governors has drawn up the school’s admission criteria and has delegated to the Principal its function and responsibilities in relation to the application of these criteria and the admission of pupils to the School.
- Attainment of compulsory school age i.e., children born between 2nd July 2013 and 1st July inclusive.
- Attendance of brothers or sisters at Glenwood Primary School or if either parent/guardian is a former pupil.
- Employment of a parent or guardian on the teaching, ancillary or auxiliary staffs or whose parent is a member of the Board of Governors.
- Resident within the area for which Glenwood Primary School is the nearest school.
- Resident within the area for which Glenwood Primary School is the nearest school, but who have to be looked after by relations who live inside the school area.
- Resident outside the area for which Glenwood Primary School is the nearest school.
In the application of criteria 4, 5 and 6 proximity to the school will be based on the shortest walking distance from to school measured along a main route to the nearest gate of the school.
Criteria for admission to P1 after initial enrolment
Children will be admitted only if there is a space within an existing P1 class for the child, and if the nature of the children already in the class allows for the additional child to be adequately integrated.