AIMS FOR PUPILS
Glenwood Primary School promotes personal development and academic achievement by working with children so that they may:
- Achieve high standards in all external tests and in all other aspects of the curriculum provided
- Become positively motivated life-long learners
- Become willing learners and active participants in all curricular activities
- Develop self-respect and respect for other people and property
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Gain ICT skills which will prepare them for future life
- Have high self-esteem
- Learn to the best of their ability
- Be self-confident and willing to take risks with their learning
- Make decisions about personal learning targets
- Make a positive contribution to the school they attend when they leave Glenwood Primary School.
- To provide a safe, welcoming, secure and happy stimulating learning environment based on mutual respect.
- Involve parents in a home-school educational partnership to help them play an active part in their child's education, whilst being supportive of both their child and the aims of the school.
- To regularly plan for and evaluate classroom learning and to adapt to ongoing changes in education.
- To provide a broad, balanced and challenging curriculum experience , matched to children's needs.
- To optimise the learning of each child.
- To help children develop self-discipline in their behaviour and work both at home and in school.
- To motivate children to be self confident and try to succeed and to take risks with their learning.
- To develop in children independence and a sense of responsibility for themselves and their own learning.
- To build a positive relationship between the school and the local community.
- Helping children to have the personal confidence to make appropriate choices.